Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Start Your Digital Marketing Agency with Dennis Yu: Module 2

Jonathan Lankford
14 Points
Topic starter

I want to connect with and learn from others going through the same program without having to sift through the group feeds. So I started this thread. ?

X-Y-Z framework

I help nonprofit learning organizations connect with key funding stakeholders online.

3x3 Why How What video grid

Videos for awareness, consideration, and conversion:

https://certification.tfp.digital/home

11 Replies
infomybizranking-com
7 Points

Really great job here Jonathan - I gotta get on the ball myself on my videos 🙂

Sanjay
5442 Points

You are amazing Jonathan. I am blown away by your work, in particular, this Reputation Management and Customer Voice app pitch:

You are showcasing tons of value to business owners. You are on Fire with this program.

reshan jayamanne
2 Points

This is awesome! Jonathan, do you mind sharing how you went about recording this and putting it together? Did you have a VA put this together? This is a great way for people to discover you onilne.

urbanurbanrenstrom-com
17 Points

wow...wow...I did not know those features existed...replying to reviews in one 'place' is worth the investment for businesses.
thanks for the video

Jonathan Lankford
14 Points
Topic starter

I did simple video editing myself.

- Sony Xperia low-end phone for recording but best camera resolution

- $40 lapel mic

- Filmora video editor

I put both the screen recording and the phone recording into FIlmora. I lined up the audio on both, then deleted the audio that wasn't received with the mic. Then I added simple transition.

I only have 1 paying client at the moment, residual income from website hosting. I can't afford a VA unless I consider investing my own money again. For a year, the business has been floating by itself. I'm in a pickle and need to take the next step. Not sure what to do. Should I go headlong and hire a VA to help me do more video content and pickup leads?

Jonathan Lankford
14 Points
Topic starter

Thanks Sanjay.

How are you getting leads? I need some.

I decided today after listening to Dennis that I'll commit to one video content per day. But I can't afford a VA to repurpose it for many uses online. SO I have to do it myself. Not hard. I don't have any business at the moment.

Ankur
85 Points

Hi Jonathan!

First of all, looking at your videos, I'd say that you've done an awesome job. Kudos!

Secondly, the simple (yet not so simple) answer to your question is, it depends on what your priorities and other expenses are. To be honest, hiring a VA purely depends on the pros and cons that you would outline with regard to your business. If the pros outweigh the cons, I would say go for it.

With regard to VAs, there sure are a lot of benefits that people can enjoy. Even Rina spoke this past Friday on the Think Tank about one of her VA wins. If you determine that editing videos is one of your biggest priorities right now and is taking a lot of time off you, then I would say definitely go for hiring the VAs. I would look at it as an investment, not a cost.

Doing so would reduce you of the time burden that comes with editing a video, which is something that the VA would do. You can shoot one video and then move on to shooting the next one, while not wasting time editing.

That would help you regain lost time that you can invest on your business rather than in it.

On the other hand, if making videos is not a big priority for you right now, you can think about holding off hiring the VA till it becomes one. I remember Dennis once mentioning on the Think Tank that the best video is the one you make. Therefore, I would just create a video to the best of my ability and not think about it much since marketing is ridiculously subjective.

Hope this helps!

Raj Doraisamy
3 Points

I signed up with Vendasta a while back and only recently started digging into their software with Ally Moore's encouragement. Yes - replying to reviews in one place is amazing and so are the other features that are provided in the LBOT (Business Online Took Kit). To my surprise, a complete web site builder WITH Ecommerce is included as well as creating a post and concurrently posting to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin! Did not know that. Here are some of Vendasta's white-label videos that I have started using and the email template I use. No customers yet. Getting into a routine of outbound marketing.

[Request: If you have any suggestions on how I can improve this, I would appreciate your advice]

Hi [Fill in Name]

Thank you for speaking with me today.

I hope you had a chance to see the Business Portal Link I sent - it is free and it monitors your word of mouth score online (online reputation) and also allows you to take the great testimonials from your site and automatically share it to the social media platforms you like.

[Short] Take Control of your Online Reviews

[Long] If you like the short video above - this one is more detail on how...

[Short] Possibilities from automating your social presence

[customer loyalty, SEO]

[Short] Social Marketing Automated

[Long] How our software works to automate your Social Marketing

[Long] How Your Business App manages all of your Digital Presence

If I can be of service in helping you grow and protect your online word of mouth, please call or click 🙂

Raj Doraisamy

(941) 408-3793

8130 Lakewood Main Street, No 103-310

Lakewood Ranch FL 34242

Jonathan Lankford
14 Points
Topic starter

I really like the idea of everything being in one dashboard. Which is why I like Vendasta's model. But for me, I've already spend significant time and money with Builderall (Cheetah website builder, ContentStudio social media manager, Replug deeplinking). I'll probably use Vendasta's all in one for clients who want to be more hands-on, and my apps outside of Vendasta for clients who want to be hands off.

I really like the idea of the informational email with videos.

Here's a script that I've edited for different purposes and used before (though not directly related to Vendasta's apps):

(Short intro of yourself and services goes here)

I'm happy to help you design a custom marketing plan for your business, identify your perfect target market of prospective customers and how to present your business to them for the maximum value price possible, I’ll show you how to have them coming to you asking for your service. I can maximize what you already do, multiply the opportunities available to you, monetize unprofitable areas of your business. This way you'll be able to sell your services and get more buyers without having to talk to “tire kickers” or unrealistic people who want to waste your time. There's no obligation of any kind. I do this because I’m a marketing consultant specializing in helping local business like yours to attract and secure more customers and sales, and there’s a good possibility your market has a large pocket of underserved buyers who will be very responsive to the marketing plan I’ll be giving you. And if you find the plan I create for you valuable, you might with to become a client. If this is the case, my rates start at $_________per month. However…. With that said, please understand that I’m not offering you a “sales pitch in disguise”. I promise not to pressure you or pester you in any way it all in fact if you feel like I’ve wasted even one second of your time, you don’t even have to reply to this email 🙂

But I would love to hear from you and help you expand your business,

Respectfully,

Dimitri
7 Points

Thank you @mrjonathan2000gmail-com for starting this thread.

X-Y-Z Framework

I help aesthetic clinics (med spas) generate qualified leads, sales and profit with the Social Amplification Engine.

I focus on the UK for now but will work with US clients once I grow my brand.

3x3 Videos

I have 3 videos for the What, but not the Why and How.

Raj Doraisamy
3 Points

Hi Jonathan - I was on the lighthouse module of the training and got stuck with creating the videos (funny because I create videos for my client all the time) - but came back and just recorded my first Why video - now doing the other 2. I want to knock out all 9 tonight! Thumbsup