Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Website Pro WebsitePro's email service blocks styling - allow HTML not just plain text

Votes

Topic starter

Please make your emails support HTML, not just plain text.

For example, https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-post-changes/ used to work marvelously on my old hosting (nice and pretty emails came through), but this handy plugin is basically useless on your hosting.

Please enhance, sooner is better, tyvm.

4 Answers

Vote

Hi Clifford, 

Thanks for taking the time to submit this feedback. From my team's understanding, HTML emails process fine through Website Pro hosting. 

It may be an issue around the plugin compatibility with the WordPress version.

image (5)

To easily see the WordPress version for all the WordPress websites you manage you can check out our brand new Website Admin Dashboard

Votes

Topic starter

well could your team try out this plugin on your own hosting vs on localhost or whatever other hosting alternative you have available?

this plugin has functioned fine for years and continues to on my other hosting.

my best guess though is that the email sending service is mangling things, totally unrelated to which site is hosting

Votes

Hi Clifford! We had our team take a look into this. As Sophie mentioned, the plugin isn't up to date with WordPress. However, on the plugin's developer page, there's a solution to the issue!

... we tested it, and it seems to work!

Let us know if you're able to get it working successfully.

Votes

Topic starter

Hey, neat trick. Worked for me, too. tyvm!

Kinda stinks they haven't fixed this in 6 years, especially since Automattic is a contributor