Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Social Marketing [Solved] Editing Active Posts

Vote

Topic starter

Would like an option in your platform that enables us to modify posts that have been posted. Many times we find an error, have to add a tag, etc., and cannot do this on our account. Facebook also, is not allowing me to edit posts when they have been uploaded by you. In Instagram, there is no problem. Very frustrating.

3 Answers

Votes

Hello, Beth and Heather! I'm Cam, Product Marketing Manager for Social Marketing at Vendasta. Editing active posts through Social Marketing is currently not available, but I have taken this back to the team to look into and include in our upcoming developments. In the meantime, you can go into Social Marketing's Recent Post section and click on the individual social media pages to edit the posts directly from Facebook, GMB, LinkedIn, Instagram, and/or Twitter.

We did notice that Facebook had a bug that didn't allow edits, but that has been fixed. As Beth mentioned, just make sure that you are interacting with the post as the Business Page. You will be able to toggle this on the post beside the share button. If you have any other questions, feel free to reply to this post, or email me at cadraincem@vendasta.com. We always value your feedback!

Votes

I just started using the platform and have am planning on using the social marketing for a managed Sm campaign. I didn’t realize there was an inability to edit posts. This is a big concern

Votes

Topic starter

Heather, I actually played around with this in facebook and found that I was trying to edit the company posts interacting as myself. Make sure you change to interacting as the company before editing.