Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Sales & Success Center See who was online last

jbastian
162 Points
Topic starter

Sales & Success Center now offers salespeople the ability to see which if their clients are online. Within the manage accounts screen, they’ll be able to see the contacts name, their business, and how recently they were online.

This allows a salesperson to reach out to their clients at the most opportune time as the contact is actively engaging with the platform or showing interest in a particular product. This not only increases the chance of closing a deal as research has shown but also gives them a way to provide more meaningful and relevant conversations.

Who's Online Image
Who's Online Image711×262 14.2 KB

11 Replies
TZegil
98 Points

Is the last seen data available via API?

What about task data (name, assignee, due date), is that also available via API?

jbastian
162 Points
Topic starter

Hi Tyler!

I just talked to our development team and the last seen online data and task data isn’t currently available as an API. I’ll make sure to send you a message if this becomes available!

RylanVendasta
222 Points

@Tyler_Zegil I’d be curious to know how you’re thinking you’d use an API. Are you planning on feeding that into a different dashboard? Which one? I hope you don’t mind me asking!

TZegil
98 Points

Late reply -
We are working on a communication protocol to iron out the bumps in the client-agency relationship. It wouldn’t go to another dashboard, for now we’re compiling the info we need. We’ve considered for most of the backend admin of the business… service delivery, billing, customer service, etc. We hold our own data that’s critical to trigger events in various platforms… Similar to why you’d want to use Zapier… I’d use Zapier if there were Zaps to do what we wanted to do (some yes, but most no).

jbastian
162 Points
Topic starter

Hi Tyler!

I always love to learn more about how our partners use new features and the data in our platform. If there are specific Zaps you’d like to see feel free to send me a message and I’ll talk to our product teams to see if that would be possible!

TZegil
98 Points

I appreciate that.

I would significantly prefer the data available via API as in many cases the other application is not connected to Zapier and even if it is then the desired action is often not an option so I would just Zap from Vendasta to a G Sheet and end up needing API anyways to get it into the destination server. Much rather just have everything in one place than try to balance what’s Zapier doing and what’s the API doing.

When certain actions happen in Vendasta I need the information sent out immediately to POST in the server, I’m having a moment and forget what this event is called, I think it’s a ‘watch’ then a Get? An example of a critical item I need would be the data from an order form, I need that to POST in a G Sheet immediately after it’s submitted. If I’m remembering right that would be a Watch followed by a Get (how can you tell I’m not the person building the API haha).

Some other things I need access to are (high priority italicized):
GET from Vendasta

1. last date and time of client login
  2. number of logins under a clients account over previous n days
  3. task manager tasks due today, yesterday, and two weeks ago
  4. order form details (as noted in the above example)
  5. couple values within Vendasta apps (like last action date in rep mgmt or social marketing, or the ROI and conversion quantity from Ad Intel)

PUT in Vendasta

1. client ‘admin notes’
  2. modify quantity on an order form

POST in Vendasta

1. client files
  2. activate an existing order form
  3. create and activate a new form

DELETE in Vendasta

1. rows in an order form
  2. client users
  3. client contacts
jbastian
162 Points
Topic starter

Thanks for the in-depth response Tyler! It sounds like having that data send directly into that spreadsheet/G Sheet is really important to your agency. Love that you broke it down into what you want to get from Vendasta for data vs. put into the platform.

I’ll make sure to tag our Product Managers and get their thoughts on APIs

TZegil
98 Points

Awesome, looking forward to hearing their feedback.

I can get to work on this if/when I have more information on some of the above items. The person heading that up for me can work together with your product mgr or whomever is in control of developing your API

TZegil
98 Points

Any news here? Sooner I know what I have to work with the better

jbastian
162 Points
Topic starter

Hey Tyler,

I know the Sales & Success Center team has been busy at work getting Zoom video conferencing into the platform, but more work still needs to be done for developing the associated APIs. I tagged @AdamT and @Dom_Ierullo as they may have more information for you about this feature request

Adam Tomporowski
343 Points

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your interest and feedback on what API’s you’d find useful. I’ve consulted with our product managers, and while we understand the benefit this could offer, we’re unable to prioritize that work at this time. We’ll definitely keep you in mind when our teams are able to pivot and begin to help with more specific API requests.

That being said, our teams continue to work hard on incorporating new features that are focused on providing you with as much information as possible, so we’ll be sure to provide updates as we move forward with those. Sorry about not being able to help you immediately with your API requests, but if things change I’ll be sure to let you know.