Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Snapshot Report Removing Letter Grades but keeping colors

Page 1 / 2

jeff-getlocal
241 Points
Topic starter

I would like to recommend that there is an option to remove the letter grade but leave the colors in the Snapshot. Some clients get a bit offended by the "F" and then it needs a discussion. I think that just the colors leave enough impression that Green is Good and Red is Bad. Anyone else think that this would be useful in your sales calls?

17 Replies
BJ Oyeleye
3 Points

Jeff,

Some clients will still get offended with the color scheme.

Howard Libin
7 Points

You might be right about the sigma of an F

Kalae Ah Chin
9 Points

I've been with Vendasta since about 2006. Using the Snapshot Report grading system and displaying an F has offended them and warrants a discussion. THAT is the very reason I love the F. It goes back to the very foundational principles of sales ... create the problem, then offer the solution. A discussion is what I want and the F really engages them.

Adam Tomporowski
343 Points

This is a great discussion, and I can definitely understand both sides to this! @jeffgetlocal-agency While we do feel that letter grades can be an important part of the Snapshot, we're always looking at ways to allow you to customize it to fit your needs.

We have discussed the idea of allowing users to remove the letter grade, and while we don't have any plans yet to open up that customization, we'll definitely provide updates if this option becomes available!

meganthrivesocialmi-com
10 Points

I have found that a lot of new leads to get offended by the F.

Personally, I don't really love the snapshot reports because I feel they need to grade differently for some areas, and also lighten up in other areas. For example, I had a client I ran a snapshot report on, and they gave him an F in SEO, and then when I ran his domain in SpyFu premium - he had like 16 keywords on the first page that were relevant and bringing in a few thousand users every month.

Barry Sheets
110 Points

I've been using the Snapshot report as a part of a Customer Acquisition Campaign. Not all reactions are bad to the letter grades, but most reactions are bad. I'd love for the letter grades to lead to a discussion as one of the users mentioned, but typically the prospect hangs up before the discussion even starts. 175 prospects on campaigns and 1 conversion thus far. Even the one sale said he was extremely offended by the letter grades.

We will only be using the snapshot report once the prospect is engaged. We have decided to NEVER use it in a Customer Acquisition campaign again.

Adam Tomporowski
343 Points

Hi Megan. Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, but I completely understand that concern when it comes to the SEO section. I'd love to meet with you and get your full thoughts on the Snapshot report, and anything we could possibly add/improve/change that would make it something you could use more often. If you'd be interested in having a short call with us, feel free to book a meeting with me!
https://bookmenow.info/book/adamt/15-minutes

Adam Tomporowski
343 Points

Hi Barry. Sorry to hear that the letter grades, and the Snapshot Report, isn't helping your conversion rate with your prospects. Do you feel like if we gave you the option of removing the letter grade, it would help curb the negativity your seeing from your prospects? Or are there other areas that you feel need to be improved?
It'd be great to get on a call and discuss this with you, if you'd be interested in having a quick chat about this, you can book a short meeting with me!
https://bookmenow.info/book/adamt/15-minutes

2 Replies
Joseph-hollak

55 Points

Hey, @Adam Tomporowski new partner here.

Following up on Barry's conversion numbers and your reply.

Vendasta has to have its own internal numbers on the conversion ratios for the pre-built campaigns centered around the free and unexpected Snapshot Report.

Are Barry's numbers much different than the aggregate of the universe of partners using that campaign?

For full transparency, would Vendasta consider publishing those conversion ratios for the pre-built campaigns so partners aren't expecting a certain number or wasting their time with campaigns that aren't converting across the partner universe?

Adam Tomporowski

343 Points

Hey @Joseph-hollak, great questions! I reached out to the Product Marketing Manager of our Marketing Automations, @JonNeher, and he was able to provide me with this data. 

The click-to-open rate for our recommended Snapshot campaigns this year has been ~27%. That data does come with two caveats: We can't judge the "hotness" of the leads that received these emails and this is only for campaigns that match the name of our Recommended Campaigns. 

I hope that provides a bit more transparency into our email campaigns. Jon would be happy to discuss our pre-built campaigns with you more. If you're interested, feel free to book a time with him here. https://calendarhero.to/30minutesjon

Or feel free to post any additional questions here and either myself or Jon will be happy to help answer them! 

Fern Sabo
93 Points

I am just getting started with our agency partnership but I too feel it would be good to have the option to remove the letters. The colors are definitely enough and if you had the option then those who liked the letters could leave them and those who don't could remove them.

Adam Tomporowski
343 Points

I have a quick update for everyone in this thread, you're able to remove letter grades from the Snapshot Report!

You can remove them either across all your accounts or on an individual basis. To learn how to do this, simply visit our support article detailing the steps. Snapshot Customization FAQs

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to let us know!

jeff-getlocal
241 Points
Topic starter

Hey Adam...yes you have always been able to remove the letter grade (along with the color graphic). The original post (mine) was to remove the letter grade but leave the color circle. Many people find the F grade a bit harsh when Green Good / Red Bad (no letter grade) seems to have a better reception and drives the same conversation.

Adam Tomporowski
343 Points

Hey Jeff, Sorry about the confusion on that. I understand what you mean now. Let me look into that as I can see how it would make sense to want to remove the letter grades but keep the colored circles. I'll be sure to keep you updated if that is something we can add as a customization option.

Bonnie David
9 Points

If they don't see the F, they won't be motivated to do anything about it.
I feel the F serves as a motivating factor to help improve the score.
The score serves as an incentive for local businesses to leverage relevant products - how else would you move them in the right direction! A bit of a psychological shake-up can be a good thing - don't you think!

jeff-getlocal
241 Points
Topic starter

This post is not about removing the letter grade from the tool but rather having an option to do so and keep the color circle.

Page 1 / 2