Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Sales & Success Center What Do You Absolutely Need From Your CRM?

dierullo
29 Points
Topic starter

Hey everyone, I'm doing some research on CRM pain points so we can make ours better for you! I'm finding that the #1 thing salespeople look for from their CRM is a reduction in manual data entry - logging emails, tracking phone calls, adding notes - the list goes on.
What primary problem do you look for your CRM to solve?

6 Replies
Brady Lang
519 Points

As someone who's used cumbersome CRM's in previous jobs, using Vendasta's all-day for months on end has been a breath of fresh air. My top CRM need today would be reducing the amount of context switching within my workflows -- For example, let's look at my email workflow.

While the SSC Gmail Extension is an awesome addition in reducing the toil of keeping all of the client communication copied to our CRM, I find myself getting distracted by other things happening in Gmail, losing the tab I was working in, and/or losing my train of thought.

My dream email workflow would have a CRM that enables me to write custom emails from my own GSuite email within the CRM itself, without the distractions of Gmail (which are better managed in focused bursts) or losing the context of my account notes. This would help me focus and stay on task, while also empowering the workflow with the information we already have on file through Custom Fields or Referencing notes on file.

DavidBrowne
96 Points

The biggest thing I look for in a CRM is the ability to be able to have a user friendly app. This allows the entire sales team to enter notes much quicker and easier and you minimize having to remember the information to input into your CRM when you get to a computer.

Daniel Gallegly
70 Points

Sync with Outlook

Brice Wheeler
60 Points

Ability to connect with external lead-generating forms.  The snapshot report/business assessment widget is great for established businesses however, we also have a large set of small just starting out or brand new businesses that use the DIY tools.  It would be great to either have a simple "Name, email, company name, Opt-in form" or the ability to connect with an external form platform so we can add a seamless process to get these smaller clients into the sales center and therefore added to our small business automation and campaign pipeline.

Brice Wheeler
60 Points

Ability to either add files globally to the sales center for the sales team to access or the ability to connect external sources like dropbox, google drive, or onedrive where we can store our sales team resources.

bstudio
40 Points

All of the comments above. And ideally, it would replace HubSpot.

The only thing that stops me from switching from HubSpot is that the calendar/meeting doesn't seem to pick up my availability despite clicking all the Google boxes - renders using the Meeting feature useless for me. And then, when you combine that with a robust CRM, it's hard to move away from it.

I'd be thrilled if I could have a more connected experience between Account, Meetings, and Calendar (being able to connect more than one Google calendar).