What can we learn from Q1 Earnings - How is Digital Revenue Looking?
Hi All, here is a quick summary of some key players Q1 Earnings. It is always interesting to look at the announcements and reflect on what this will mean for your current and future strategy as a trusted advisor.
The Bonus is that they are all recorded, transcribed and can be great nuggets, I personally love the Q&A components, Here is a playlist of videos for reference.
All other digital giants are pulling in the money, so don’t miss out on this wave. be prepared, be in the platform and protect your pipeline
Google Search up 9%
Youtube up 33%
GCP and Gsuite up 52%
Shopify up 47%
Disney Media Networks ie ESPN up 28%
Disney Direct to Consumer ie Disney+ up more than 100%
TL:DR First-Quarter Revenue Grows 47% Year on Year
- An extended 90-day free trial for all new standard plan signups. (This is why LBOT is super important)
- New stores created on the Shopify platform grew 62% between 13/3 - 24/4
- MRR as of March 31, 2020 was $55.4 million, up 25%
- Gross Merchandise Volume1 (“GMV”) growth accelerated in April
- Interesting story LINDT shop in 5 days! LINK
“The scope and speed of a project can feel daunting and overwhelming, but sometimes you’re faced with situations like this.”
Focus on what really matters growing your business.
- Lesson 1 you cannot help anyone if you are not in good financial standing yourself
- Lesson 2 many people whose circumstances have changed will try alternative approaches, my add so ensure you are building your new business pipeline.
- Lesson 3 network of trusted partners who are able to work through this together,.
Brands that said eventually they will do it, are now downing it, it is pulling 2030 into 2020.
Alphabet (Google) - What’s happening with Seach and Gsuite?
TL:DR Seach great Jan / Feb / Drop in March - Google Cloud and Gsuite Killing it.
- Google Search $24.5 billion in revenues in the quarter, that was up 9% year-over-year.
- Search had great Jan Feb, but in March there was mid teens decline (reduced spend)
- Significant YouTube Spend - Advertising revenues were $4.0 billion, up 33% YoY
- Cloud & G Suite, revenues were $2.8 billion for the first quarter, up 52% year-over-year
- Although we have seen some very early signs of recovery in commercial search behavior by users, it is not clear how durable or monetizable this behavior will be
“It’s now clear that once the emergency has passed, the world will not look the same. Some social norms will change, and many businesses are speaking to us, looking to reinvent their operations.” Sundar Pichai CEO of Google and Alphabet
“It’s also clear that this is the first major pandemic taking place in a digital world. Many parts of the economy are also able to continue with some semblance of normalcy, thanks to advances in remote work, online shopping, delivery options, home entertainment and telemedicine.” Sundar Pichai CEO of Google and Alphabet
Disney - Mixed bag interested in Disney+ Theme Parks Cruises Winners/Losers?
TL:DR Disney reported mixed results for its Q2 2020 earnings
Bob Chapek - first earnings call as CEO of Disney
- Media Networks: $7.26 billion, up 28%
- Direct-to-Consumer and International: $4.12 billion, up more than 100%
- Phased reopen Shanghai Disneyland park on May 11
- ESPN - releasing 2mths early Michael Jordan The Last Dance most viewed ESPN documentary ever, Virtual NFL draft 55 million viewers biggest ever audience, you should watch it this weekend!
- Bob (who was announced CEO in only February) “the entire team is taking an all hands on deck approach”
- They are relying on the strength of their brands and maintaining the connection of their brand with their audience is key. People want good news, they want to hear joy. Storytelling
If you don’t yet have a solid Growth Plan for COVID-19 Recovery, I would love you to connect with us so we can help. We have many success stories to share and it is all around the automation of the platform and how Vendasta can help you deliver value immediately to your community through the Local Business Online Toolkit