Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

CHECK IT OUT! Debbie Gibson loves Brendan King!

DennisYu
4749 Points
Topic starter

Thought you guys would enjoy a flashback to a childhood hero of mine-- and to hear one of Brendan’s favorite songs.

What do you think?

5 Replies
Troy Wruck
8 Points

Ha… love it, Dennis!

Brendan
33 Points

Dennis, this video took me back 34 years. In 1986 I was in grade 10. I was still playing D&D in a basement with my posse but splitting time sneaking out. Our parents couldn’t call us on our phones (we had none) or track us in any way. They could only wait up and catch us sneaking in.

We were drinking a 6 packs of beer or a mickey of lemon gin in slurpee from 7-11.

Along with Debbie Gibson we were listening to Cyndi Lauper (True Colors), Boston (Amanda), The Outfield (Jose’s on a vacation far away) Eddie Money (Take Me Home Tonight) , Baltamora (Tarzan Boy), Mike + The Mechanics (All I Need Is A Miracle), Falco (Rock Me Amadeus) , Billy Ocean (LoverBoy), Chris deBurgh (Lady In Red), Eurythmics (Sweet Dreams), Lover Boy (Working for the Weekend), Def Leppard (Photograph).

They were simpler times that relied on building real person to person, face to face relationships.

Stay safe and play a few songs to take you back to 1986.
Brendan

DennisYu
4749 Points
Topic starter

The 80s had the best music!

Brendan
33 Points

I couldn’t agree more. What we need right now is a little “Survivor” going to go listen to “Eye of the Tiger” right now!

Bonnie David
9 Points

You shared a song from Debbie Gibson on your Facebook Profile. It is good to know what you like, Dennis.