Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

International Transaction Fees

Votes

Topic starter

I'm U.S. based and have had purchases in our business app that encountered an international transaction fee. Has anyone else had this happen?

We have our stripe account connected so I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.

Votes

Hello Alysia, my business in US as well. You need to switch to a credit card with no international fees. Vendasta uses it's own Stripe account for the application, they are working on changing that, as I was told. The fastest solution to switch to no international fees card. Most of the travel cards are no international fees. ?

Votes

Topic starter

So .... I need to tell my US based clients to switch their credit cards or debit cards to one that has no international fees for them to avoid international fees.

When someone in the US purchases services from my US based business I need to ensure that my clients are not dealing with an international transaction fee on their account.

When Vendasta charges me for my subscription, I encounter this fee but assumed this happens because I am working directly with Vendasta. When clients are working directly with me, I was under the impression that their payments would be processed through my stripe account.

I'm confused --- do I need to use a separate payment system?

Votes

Hey, Alysia and Mark! I'm here to help you figure out what's going on 🙂

Alysia, if you have a US Bank Account connected to your Vendasta Payments, and are charging your customers in USD, there should be no international transaction fees associated with it.

If this is not the case for you, would you please schedule a meeting with me to investigate further? I'd also love to chat with you about your experience with Vendasta so far in general as well.

Also, Mark, I believe you're talking about a different layer of billing where Vendasta charges you (the partner) on your credit card using a Canadian Stripe account - in which case, yes, international fees may apply.

I'd also love to hop on a call with you, Mark! If not to discuss this, I'd love to chat with you about how your experience with Vendasta has been so far as well.

I'd love to hear from both of you as to how we can improve the platform for you!

The link to my calendar is https://bookmenow.info/nicholasvanzant

Warm regards,
Nicholas