What is your current sales process from prospect to onboarding?
Here's what we're thinking:
- Prospecting with Snapshop Scan to get an appointment
- At appointment review "Snapshot Report," discover questions and get listing builder express setup.
- Create a proposal online.
- Present proposal
I'm curious about what everyone is doing right now.
I would love to prospect with the snapshot scan, however, it could get expensive. Here's what I am doing (but don't have enough data to know if it's working yet). It's mostly the same as yours with the exception of first step:
Prospecting with a screenshot of something that needs attention (i.e. negative review, Yelp listing not claimed, etc)
If we make it to the appointment, we would then run a snapshot report and repeat your steps below.
– At appointment review “Snapshot Report,” discover questions and get listing builder express setup.
– Create a proposal online. I use GoProspero for proposals and love it.
– Present proposal
I've used the Scan to get the ball rolling because you can track the opens and the listing scan is free which is awesome! So my process is currently this:
- Listing Scan or Lead Generator of some sort
- Get a 15 min call with them and sell them a paid Snapshot report, no freebies
- Review it with them on a call
- Sell them into a package that will fix their Snapshot Report issues
- Send Proposal
- Review weekly early on
- Eventually get to a monthly review depending on what package they're on
- Ask for referrals after we're winning with them!
Hey Mitchell, Love the flow. What are you charging them for the snapshot report?
Also, what are you using to send your proposal?
Good stuff thanks for sharing.
I charge $150 for the report which comes with an hour review call. I'm looking at possibly switching this up but that's the current flow.
I use PandaDoc for proposals.
Have you seen the 3 sessions that I did for the community back in June/July?
I share my process there - and I think you'll have a lot of success with it. Let me know if you need more clarity after you watch those sessions. I'm happy to talk.
Janice is right! Go watch her sessions, they're fantastic!
I love the feedback and I will be watching the Janice sessions as well. I really wanted to know what type of support are you giving your sales teams because I have 2 new sales reps or agents that I really want to support, just not sure
Where do I find it?
Hey Paul! Your best bet is to have them go through all of the training inside of Conquer Local first, so that they can learn about all of the softwares and how to sell etc. Start there for sure!
I'm in the same boat as Derek. I have been searching but can't seem to find the videos. Could you point me in the right direction?
thanks for the info, my only concern is that my sales guys don't now i go through vendasta so I wanted to keep it white labelled to them as well.
Hey Paul! Why don't you want your sales guys to know about Vendasta?