Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Thoughts on E-Commerce after listening to Episode 326 with Mitch Joel

Christopher Leddy
2 Points
Topic starter

I just got done listening to episode 326 with Mitch Joel, which dives into E-Commerce for B2B and B2C and it got me thinking about the potential E-Commerce offers as a source of revenue for brick and mortar stores in the near future (especially with the current global situation), and more so, I wonder if we’ll see a heavier push from the tech/SaaS industry to facilitate that adaptation.

As Mitch mentions, platforms like Shopify already enable the online push for many, but, do we think we’ll ever see a switchover to an eCommerce portal being the norm for Mom and Pop retailers, in the same way Skip The Dishes, JustEat, etc revolutionized the way people order food online?

3 Replies
philblark
2 Points

I definitely think there will be a push for these companies to help small businesses set up e commerce websites. A family member of mine owns a bakery, and she’s gotten a lot of calls about if she can do same day delivery and if she’ll start accepting payment online soon. I don’t think that’s the only case of someone looking into setting up an e-commerce shop now!

Christopher Leddy
2 Points
Topic starter

Not too long after posting this I noticed our local farmer’s market had an E-commerce store up too! I guess the real test will be to see if the trend continues after COVID-19 fades away, or if this is going to be a huge change to the local SMB landscape.

GeorgeLeith
23508 Points

Thanks for the feedback @PhilBlark welcome to the community and thanks for listening to the Podcast