Listings Avoiding Account Suspension: Tips for Encouraging Genuine Google Reviews
Feb 17, 2023 10:22 am
There are several good practices to follow when asking customers to leave reviews on your Google Business Profile to avoid the risk of suspension:
- Encourage customers to leave genuine reviews: Reviews that are solicited, incentivized or fake violate Google's guidelines and can result in your profile being suspended. So, make sure that your customers leave honest and unbiased reviews based on their actual experience with your business.
- Asking consumers to post favourable reviews is OK, but Google's policies forbid asking for positive reviews or offering advice on how to write them. Just ask clients to be open and honest about their experiences, and let them know how much you value their input.
- Avoid bulk review requests: Requesting too many reviews in a short period of time can trigger Google's spam filters and result in the suspension of your profile. So, it's best to request reviews from customers over time, rather than all at once.
- Provide clear instructions for leaving a review: Make it easy for customers to leave a review by providing clear instructions, such as a link to your Google Business Profile or directions on how to leave a review on Google.
- Respond to reviews: Responding to reviews, both positive and negative, shows that you value your customers and their feedback. It also helps to build a positive online reputation and can prevent negative reviews from escalating.
By following these practices, you can increase the chances of getting reviews from customers without the risk of Google suspending your account.
Feb 23, 2023 5:11 pm
I agree... it's important to ask for a modest number of reviews at a time and to ask consistently over time. Building a strong set of recommendations too fast with brute force tools will only trigger Google to shut you down.
We have the right tools... we just have to use them right.