Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Website Pro Helping your clients add ecommerce to their websites

Sophie Kokott
63 Points
Topic starter

There’s no denying that COVID-19 is changing the way that businesses operate. At Vendasta, we are working to make it as easy as possible for our partners, and the local businesses they serve, to continue to stay open and operate as close to “normal” as possible.

Our Website Pro team is gearing up to start work on a very exciting new product that will help with exactly that. We will be launching a free version of Website Pro that is eCommerce ready, your clients will just need to add their products. These sites will be simple and mostly serve as a spot for business information and a small store; here’s roughly what you can expect: https://simecom4pg.websitepro.hosting/shop/

Note that this free product will have limited Website Pro features, similar to our other Express products.

But in the meantime, one way to weather the storm is to help your clients transition to selling their goods and services online. An easy way to do this is with WooCommerce and their easy to set-up WordPress plugin.

I’ve recently written a blog that helps to outline exactly how to do that: https://www.vendasta.com/blog/getting-your-website-pro-site-ecommerce-ready

One hesitation that has been raised in the past is the worry that your clients’ business might not match the traditional e-commerce model. Well, I’m here to tell you that’s not the case at all. The transition to selling online doesn’t need to mean physical products or take-out. It could be as simple as starting with a gift card to services that customers can use later this year.

Do you already have WooCommerce on your websites or are you planning to add it? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

1 Reply
RylanVendasta
222 Points

That blog was incredibly helpful when setting up my uncle’s website for his comic book store! Thank you Sophie.

As a side note: I also went ahead and installed a WooCommerce theme I purchased from the Envato marketplace. It costs a bit extra but I highly recommend.