Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Website Pro [Solved] wordpress sign in page blocked by wordpress pro

Votes

Topic starter

when i try and go to the wordpress sign on page (website.com/wp-admin) for a wordpress website we have hosted on website pro, it keeps re-directing me to business app.

why in the world is there not a way to sign in directly to wordpress for a wordpress website.

For instance I have a team member who does not need access to business app, but does need access to the wordpress for one specific account. If I give them my access, then they could have access to all the other websites on the account which I don't want.

Forcing a redirect to business app is an unnecessary point of friction and makes the business app product more difficult to use.

Votes

Hi Daniel!

In order to access the website.com/wp-admin login screen, you need to turn on the Hide Advanced Login feature.

To do this, head to the account's Website Pro product and click on the Advanced Settings tab. From here, you can toggle on the Hide Advanced Login.

Then you will be able to access the site using the URL above.

Click here for a step-by-step guide.

Votes

Topic starter

update: someone from customer success told me that logging in directly to wordpress is not possible... however someone else from customer success messaged me and said to go to advanced tools and toggle off the option for 'hide advanced login' so now we can login directly to the wordpress dashboard. Thank you for the helpfulness.

Votes

Hey Daniel! I'm Cam, the Product Marketing Manager for Website Pro. I'm so glad our Success on Demand team was able to quickly help you with this! Do let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.