Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Google Reviews

Votes

Topic starter

I have had several customers reach out to me and ask if I can help them get a review taken down. I have tried and tried, spoke to google and basically as far I can tell if there is a one star review with no text, it will never be taken down. However there are a few instances where you can report a review and there are a few criteria that may apply to a removal but those cases are rare, such as swearing, violence, harassing, bots. I have tried and I basically tell the customer it happens, it can not be removed, google does not get into between a customer and a business and I instructed them to reply to negative reviews with care and concern in a professional manner without ever mentioning the name of the business in the reply. All has been well until this morning when my client reached out to me and asked if I heard about get dandy, they claim to be able to physically remove the bad reviews. I said yeah okay but I'll check them out. I got the demo and according to wait I heard and understand they have a 75% success rate and they just beg and beg and beg and after a few times they have their lawyers write to google with support documentation. All this at 197 a month with a 12 month contract.

Any one heard of this, tried anything similar or has any input or advice? Thank you!

2 Answers

Vote

Haven't heard of that service.

What we normally say to clients or prospects is that they can respond to fake reviews by being friendly, advising that they have never done business with that person and if they have, to please provide confirmation of a work order number, etc.

I also suggest that this builds the case for why they need to amplify the number of reviews, to ensure that one review doesn't kill them. We also suggest that they go so far as to invite the fake poster or unhappy reviewer to contact their office and ask to speak to the owner, so that they can resolve the issue if it is real... which can show good faith on the owner's part and even help persuade other prospects of theirs to do business with that company

Votes

Topic starter

Well it is get dandy, the company. My is worry is the 12 month contract. I can't just try it and I never heard of anything or anyone claiming they can remove reviews.