Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Can You Add Multiple Quantities Of a Product to Shopping Cart

Votes

Topic starter

Does an end customer have the ability to add more than 1 quantity of a product to their cart? For example, I want the customer to be able to add a product to their cart, and then click to increase the quantity, like if they need two or three quantities of the product. For example, I created a product called "Additional Page" for if/when an end user needs to purchase additional pages for their website. But I do not believe they have the ability to add it to their cart and then change the quantity to say 3 pages so that they can purchase three additional pages. Unless I am missing it, the end user is stuck with just "1" quantity in their cart.

Votes

Hey Daniel, you're correct. The packages are set and there isn't a way for the end user to increase the quantities.
For something like a website, I often recommend using the "starting price" checkbox and then continuing the conversation with the client to ensure you're aligned on expectations for the site and be able to hammer out the total number of pages needed, etc. Then you can invoice the difference for any additional pages or other add-ons they will require.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Hi Daniel, one thing that I'll add to this is that I have a team working right now on allowing for a specified quantity when the end customer is going through the checkout process. We should have this live relatively soon, the only catch being that any packages that contain products with order forms can't have a changeable quantity (we haven't yet tackled what needs to happen with multiple order forms.) In your case, as long as your "Additional Page" product doesn't have an order form that requires any additional input, this should work for you.

Votes

Topic starter

I appreciate it!

Votes

Topic starter

Yes this will be a great help. In my mind, there should be as little friction in the checkout process as possible, and preventing a customer from adding multiple products or services to their cart seems unnecessary.