Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Finding your Ideal Customer!

JonNeher
304 Points
Topic starter

"...when you try to serve everyone, you end up serving no one."

While I'm sure George Leith didn't come up with this phrase, it was a really valuable insight from his recent Conquer Local Podcast on finding your Ideal Customer. Hot tip: the main writer for this episode is part of our own community – Colleen McGrath!

I liked this episode so much I created a little infographic to help summarize some of the points covered. Would love to hear your thoughts on how you find your ideal customer!

2 Replies
KatieSalmers
291 Points

I love this saying so much. ?

Some of my most successful partners have had a niche customer from the very beginning and that helped them focus their efforts. They had themed packages, icons, and banners. All of their marketing efforts felt in sync and it really solidified their brand.

That being said, I do find being open to opportunities as they come to you can be a great way to explore markets you maybe hadn't considered before. I've had agencies start with restaurants because that's the industry they were most familiar with, however after they took on a few insurance agencies, they liked the stability and reliability of that customer.

I think after completing the "brainstorm" step, you might see that the problems you're hoping to solve are faced by a couple verticals you would be comfortable selling to.

JonNeher
304 Points
Topic starter

Ugh...why do you have to be so reasonable and correct all the time Katie? ?

You're right! Being open to what comes at you definitely is important. It probably isn't worthwhile to chase your white whale...