Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with like-minded conquerers around the world.

Notifications
Clear all

Listings [Solved] GMB categories list need to be updated in Vendasta platform

Votes

Topic starter

the list of GMB categories in Vendasta platform is not updated,

As an example, I could not locate cosmetics industry category in Vendasta platform for a prospect (registered under that category in GMB)

I would assume this will not provide an accurate snapshot report.

11 Answers

Votes

Hey Tim, you can find a list of our categories at: https://support.vendasta.com/hc/en-us/articles/202318126

Vote

Hi Folks,

I would reccommend directing these sorts of inquiries to support@vendasta.com, however I do have an answer for this one. In regards to Google My Business categories Vendasta supports a limited subset of them as these categories also have to be matchable when using Listing Sync Pro or Listing Distribution services. As the corresponding data providers for Listing Sync Pro and Listing Distribution only service a limited subset of categories, if we allowed all of the same categories available in Google My Business there would be a wide range of accounts that simply could not use Listing Sync Pro or Listing Distribution. In cases where you cannot find a precise match we recommend selecting the closest category that is supported in our platform.

In terms of the Snapshot Report we use the category to compare your stats to industry competitors. In your case Chad I would recommend using the category: Beauty & Spas > Cosmetics & Beauty Supply.

Votes

With @Chad on this;

I could not find

1) Tool Supply

2) E-commerce

3) Web Shop

Could this be given some urgency?

Votes

I agree with @chad @Murray Sellars. I brought this up over a year ago and still no changes. I don't understand how the snapshot report, competitor analysis etc can be anywhere near accurate for many many businesses where we are having to 'bodge' the category. For example what category do I use for a recruitment agency, business coach?

Surely they need to be as close as possible to the Google categories.

?????? ???? ???? ???? ??????? ?????? @acarson

Votes

@Murray Sellars

Just to add to the above, in terms of the categories you are seeking I would recommend the following as closer matches we do support:

For Tool Supply: Shopping > Home & Garden > Hardware Stores

For E-commerce or web shop: Ecommerce and Web Shopping is largely unsupported as of yet by many online listing sources as well as the data aggregators for Listing Distribution. At this time I would recommend focusing on the type of products they sell and categorizing based on that.

Votes

Thanks, @Brayden Fehr

Is there a copy of the categories that we could access please so we could do our own category matching?

Regards

Votes

Thanks @Brayden Fehr . This reminds me I did have the 2019 version. It helps for now but I'll keep pushing ?

Votes

We have a lot of b2b clients and prospects in industries like engineering, consulting, etc and it would be much better to be able to compare them against these industries, maybe with a disclaimer or warning to the vandesta partner (ie: the marketing agency generating the report) that this industry is only limitedly supported by listings in listing builder /listing synch.

Being able to show them how they compare in their socials, reviews, website and seo would allow for many more product options we can highlight that solves issues with these categories than eliminating the use of the comparison in favor of being able to sell listing builder..

Votes

Any update on having the same GMB categories available in Vendasta for selection and the ability to sync these categories to GMB?

Just wanted to check on this!

Votes

Bump!

Votes

We are actively making improvements to the Vendasta Business Classification System. More updates will be provided as we progress on this project. Also, if you are interested in being part of the trusted tester for this new release don't hesitate to contact me or leave a comment below.

Best Regards

Thank You

Akin 

@AkinolaLaseinde Definitely interested in becoming a trusted tester for this new release!